There is no giving without receiving or receiving without giving. They form two sides of the same coin, and are part of the natural order of life.
Accepting and expressing gratitude for what you receive allows more to come your way.
Visual artist Lisa shares her top tips for remembering to be grateful and inspire the flow of increasing prosperity.
- When cashing out at a store, if there is a “Take a penny, leave a penny” tray, do so, even if you aren’t paying with cash. If you have a penny in your pocket, donate it to the tray. Tell yourself “I always have plenty of money.”
- When entering a building, offer to hold a door open for one or several people. Smile and nod and “play doorman” (or door person). Give the gift of service for 20 seconds. When someone opens a door for you, move right through and thank them. Tell yourself “I always have plenty of time to play with others.”
- When meeting someone for the first time, or even someone you know well, give them an honest compliment right away. Maybe say “wow, I love your shoes,” or “you seem to be in a great mood today.” This giving costs nothing, but is completely valuable and appreciated. Tell yourself “I give compliments easily. I see the best in others.”
- When eating out, tip more if you get amazing service. If your waiter or waitress is really fun and connected, and if you feel you got exceptional service, up your standard tip. If your default tip, regardless of service, is 15%, then give 20% or even 25% for amazing service. Tell yourself “I give and I receive freely. I have received amazing service, and I give back in joy right now. I have plenty of money.”
- If you have a business, give yourself the gift of meditation and focus on the expansion of the business. See it growing and serving others in more and more powerful ways. Take time to be quiet with yourself and allow your vision to take hold in your vibration. Imagine it unfolding powerfully. Tell yourself “I give myself to this vision, and I expect to live it as soon as today.”
- Create a fake ledger on your computer. Deposit fake money into it. Pretend it is real. Look on line for ways to spend it all. Let yourself enjoy deciding how you will spend it. What do you want? Enter your “purchases” in your ledger. Every day increase your deposit, and then spend it again. Donate as much as you want to to causes you believe in. Tell yourself “I can’t spend all this money fast enough. It just keeps coming back in greater and greater amounts.”
- Buy a new CD that thrills your heart. If you hear an artist or musical group that makes you feel great when you hear a performance on the radio or on TV, support them by buying a CD of their music. Pay full price for it and feel great about helping them expand their audience. Tell yourself “I give freely to people who make my life better through their art.”
- Give freely when you sense a need. If you are entering the grocery store and you see a hungry person outside, consider buying something to give them that they can eat immediately. They may ask you for money, which you can give them if you are inspired to do so, but choose something ready to eat that you know will nourish them. Tell yourself “I give to others in need. The Universe gives to me in my generosity and gratitude as well, always.”
- When someone offers to help you with something, or to give you something, accept their offer gratefully. Yes, it can take longer to have someone “help you” do something, but if you accept the offer in joy and openness, you can keep your flow open on the receiving end. Tell yourself “I receive gifts into my life freely, joyously, and openly.”
- Give gratitude and appreciation for what you have right now. Practice being content with the prosperity you are enjoying right now. Law of Attraction will bring you more abundance when it knows you already feel abundant and prosperous. Love where you are, and expect a lot more too. Tell yourself “I am abundant, prosperous, and completely in the allowing flow of the Universe. All is well in my life. I am open to the next expanding step.”
Read the full story on Gratitude Planet.